Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 5 — Your dreams

Dear Dreams,

Thanks for coming along. At one point, you seemed so far away, but now, you seem one step closer. And as the current version of you seems to approach now, you're beginning to change shape in bits and pieces. It helps me to be kept on my toes at all times that way.

You know, I actually thought I'd be the happiest pal around when I would be accepted into medical school. Perhaps it's my greed, but I didn't feel like I was going to rocket off the earth, fueled by elation. I felt it was like any other day. Of course it's a lie to say that I wasn't happy, but it doesn't change who I am. Perhaps it'll change who I'm going to be and the circumstances under which I'll become a doctor, but it doesn't change anything for this moment.

You're all about the future, Dreams. And I hope you stay that way. Help me to never lose my drive and ambition for bigger and better things. Never let me stop chasing after you. Because without you, I'd be lost. You're more important than any map to guide me, or any consumable item that will fuel me.

Dream, if you get nothing out of this letter that I'm writing to you, just remember this. Don't get fucked up, and don't let me fuck up.

Sincerely,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment