Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 11 — A Deceased person you wish you could talk to

Dear Grandpa (dad's dad),

I really miss you. I really wanted to make you proud by telling you that I got into medical school. I'm really sorry I didn't get there in time. I really wish I could turn back time so that I could work 10 times as hard as I did before, so that you could have seen me achieve my goals before you passed.

Things have changed quite a bit around my house after your passing. Mom and Dad both talk about you often, and they say they miss you too. They, along with everyone else in the family, seem to be treasuring every moment a little bit more. Mom's actually using it as a way of extortion by saying things such as, "Be good to me while I'm still alive. You don't know when I'm going to die." In any case, I think it all stems from all of us missing you so much.

I feel like after you passed, the foundation of our family was shaken a bit. You were the person holding all of us connected.

I really wish you were still alive today. I know you lost those Janggi matches to me on purpose so that I wouldn't be sore about losing. You were the most generous man I have had the pleasure of knowing. I am so glad that out of every single person in the world, you were my grandfather.

Thank you so much. I hope that we can see each other and catch up in the far far future.

With memories and fondness,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment