Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 4 — Your sibling

Dear Andrea,

I know we don't always get along, and that we're extremely different people with different philosophies, but I'm very thankful that you're my sister. Because of our differences, I think that I was able to become who I am today.

Sometimes, I worry if I ever caused any negative influences or impacts on you as we grew up together. I can't say whether you looked up to me or not, but I know that I was there, two years ahead of you, casting a shadow that was sometimes too big for you to shake off. All I can say about that now is sorry.

You are a person full of passions for what you do and want to do. I really admire that. I love how you embraced art as something that you'll hold on to for the rest of your life and practice and think about it even when you're committed to very different things right now. That being said, we both know you're not where you want to be right now. But I know that some day, you will be able to live your dreams. You might not be rich, and you might not have all the shoes, bags, and pretty things that most girls want, but I know that you'll be happy. And that is all that matters to me.

Thanks for your support at all times. I know I never show my weaknesses to you, nor anyone else for that matter, but I know that you can sometimes see it and try to help out as much as you can. I hope you'll forgive my pride and not coming out with my shortcomings clearly.

With affection,

Alex

P.S. I said we don't always get along, but when we do get along, it's a blast.

edit: Wayne State called this day. They want my body for medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment