Friday, July 15, 2011

Nerd Alert

I'm not going to lie. I like studying. Of course, I don't like to do it all the time, and I didn't really like it in undergrad. I have to have balance between studying and spending time doing other things. But all in all, I'm excited that I'm going to have great volumes of knowledge to study again. As I think about everything that I'm going to force feed into my brain, I'm thankful that I am going to have this opportunity and privilege to learn medicine. It's going to cost me in the excess of $150,000, and I think it's going to be worth it. No, not for the money that I'll be making at the end of my medical education/training, but for the experience and the opportunity to be a part of something that most people can't even dream about being involved in.

This is different from undergrad. In undergrad, I didn't care much about learning. I was there because I was expected to, because it was just another step to getting to the step after it. But now, I feel an appreciation for what I'm about to become a part of. Surely, I will be a bitter human being at times, but honestly, I don't think I am going to find another block of four years to label as more interesting or more productive than the four years I will spend in medical school.

For now, I want to savor this moment and this entry...for I foresee that this will be one of very few optimistic and happy entries about medical school. It'll be interesting to see if and how things change come August.

No comments:

Post a Comment