Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 14 — Someone you’ve drifted away from

I've drifted away from many people. I didn't bother to keep in touch with a lot of friends that I met in college, and I feel like shit about it. I hope that I can amend it as time passes and opportunities arise to mend holes in my relationships with various people. This particular entry goes to a bro named Andrew.

Dear Andrew,

When we first met, I felt like you were the younger brother I never had. Later, I valued you as an indispensable friend who gave me real advice. Until I betrayed your trust, of course. And it was so dumb the way I did it. It was over a girl that I had 0 luck with. I think in retrospect, and for the future, bros should definitely come before women.

I wish we could meet up sometime, but we live great distances away from each other. You're probably working hard and absorbed in your young adult life as I try to do in my own. I respect you a lot, bro. You always inspired me to work harder despite the fact that I worked myself into the ground during college trying to cover premed and engineering courses at the same time.

You have a knack for getting along with people easily. I envy and love that about you. I hope that a time will come in our lives where we'll be able to spend more time with one another and just catch up/be friends again.

I hope all's well where you are. I heard you're doing well.

With friendship,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment